IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Topics covered in this article
- How do I transfer content, e.g. contacts, SMS messages and photos to my new phone?
- Which is the easiest way to transfer my data to a new phone?
- I bought a new phone and want to transfer content from my old phone. How do I do this?
- I want to make sure my data is backed up. How do I do this?
- How do I restore backed up data?
- How do I migrate my data in an easy way?
- How do I transfer, back up and restore my data with Google Drive™ storage?
- How do I sync data with Google™?
- Xperia® 1
- Xperia 1 II
- Xperia 5
- Xperia 10 II
- Xperia 10
- Xperia 10 Plus
- Xperia L4
You should always make sure that personal content on your device, e.g. photos, videos, SMS text messages, contacts and applications, are synced or a back up is completed on a regular basis. This will help you smoothly transfer content to another device or restore content to your current device after a factory data reset. The recommended solution is to use the Google cloud services, including Google account sync, Google Drive, and Google Photos™. An alternative method is to use a PC or SD card. Check out the data migration page and the various methods to sync or back up data section to find more information about the various methods.