When the message NO DISC, DISC ERROR, or INSERT DISC appears on the display on the DVD player, check the following:
- Make sure there is a disc in the player.
- Make sure the disc is inserted correctly with the playback side facing down on the disc tray.
- Make sure the disc being used is supported by the player.
NOTE: Some DVD players do not support VCD, DVD or CDRs created by a CD burner. Check the specifications or supplied operations guide for information regarding disc compatibility.
If an error message still appears even after checking the things mentioned above, follow the steps below.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the DVD player status after completing each step.
- Clean the disc.
- Attempt to play a different, commercially-produced disc.
- Remove the disc and leave the player on for a half hour to resolve the possibility of moisture condensation inside the player.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.