There is no sound from the system when connected to the DIGITAL MEDIA PORT adapter.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
When connecting your Audio/Video (A/V) system to a DIGITAL MEDIA PORT adapter that also has a Walkman® player connected, check the following in order to make sure sound will be heard:
IMPORTANT:If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
On the A/V system:
- Make sure the A/V system is turned off before connecting.
- Verify the DMPORT jack connection is securely connected with both marks aligned.
- Verify that the DMPORT function is selected.
- Make sure the volume level is not set to the lowest setting.
On the Walkman player:
- Disconnect the Walkman player from the DIGITAL MEDIA PORT adapter, then reconnect it, making sure the connection is secure.
- If the Walkman player you have connected has the Bluetooth® function, be sure to turn off the Bluetooth function before use.