Follow these steps to connect a portable audio player to a stereo system.
- Some products may not have a jack to connect an audio cable. For details, refer to the manual of each product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- An appropriate audio cable to connect between a portable audio player, such as a Network Walkman™ player, Net MD™ player/recorder, or ATRAC® CD Walkman® player and the stereo system is required to complete this procedure.
- On the portable player, connect the appropriate end of the audio cable to the HEADPHONE or LINE OUT jack.
NOTE: The type of jack available will depend on the model of your portable player. For model-specific information regarding what type of jack your device has, refer to the operating instructions that were supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- On the stereo system, connect the audio cable to the LINE IN, AUX IN, or REC IN jack.
- If necessary, switch the stereo system to the corresponding LINE IN, AUX IN, or REC IN jack that the portable player is connected to.
- Adjust the volume level on the portable player so that the input signal received by the stereo system is adequate for recording or playback.