IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
You will need the following to enjoy Blu-ray Disc™ media in Dolby Atmos® audio format using a multi-channel A/V receiver or Sound Bar:
- A ceiling speaker or Sound Bar that supports Dolby Atmos
- A Premium High Speed HDMI® cable with ethernet
- A Blu-ray Disc player and Blu-ray Disc that are both compatible with Dolby Atmos
- The network services apps (Netflix, etc.) installed on Blu-ray Disc players will not transfer Dolby Atmos signals if the format is set to Dolby Atmos.
- Make sure the Sound Bar software is updated to the latest version. To get the latest update, visit the Sony Support website, search for your Sound Bar by entering the model number, and then go to the Downloads section.
Connect your devices to play Dolby Atmos format
Adjust the settings on these devices depending on your setup:
From the Blu-ray Disc menu, choose the sound or language setting for Dolby Atmos.
- The options to set the audio format depends on the disc. Check the documents supplied with the disc for more information.