The volume level raises or lowers by itself.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the volume level of the stereo system raises or lowers by itself.
- Ensure that the issue is not being caused by the media being played.
- If the issue always occurs at a particular spot when playing a CD or tape, then the media may be faulty.
- If the issue only occurs when listening to the radio, then the issue may be caused by the broadcast signal from the radio station.
- If the stereo system is operated by using a remote control, remove the batteries from the remote.
IMPORTANT: If the issue is resolved after removing the batteries from the remote control, then the remote is the cause of the problem. Ensure that none of the buttons on the remote control are stuck.
- Turn off the stereo system.
- Unplug the power cord of the stereo system from the AC wall outlet.
- Let the stereo system remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the AC outlet.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required.  Go to Product Repair.