- Turn off the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver.
- Disconnect all of the speaker wires from the rear of the A/V receiver.
- Make sure that the speaker connection and speaker wire are not damage or pinched.
- Power on the A/V receiver.
NOTE: If the A/V receiver displays a PROTECT error or does not turn on, then service will be required. Otherwise, continue troubleshooting with the following steps.
- Power off the A/V receiver.
- Check the impedance rating of the speakers.
- Sony® stereo receivers are not compatible with speakers rated below 4 ohms.
- Make sure that all of the speakers have the same ohm rating.
- Ensure the Impedance Selector [FIG. 1] switch on the rear of the A/V receiver is set to match the ohm rating of the speakers.
IMPORTANT: The Impedance Selector switch may not be available on all A/V receiver models. Consult the instruction manual for impedance specifications.
- Connect the front left and right A speakers.
- Turn on the A/V receiver.
- If the A/V receiver displays an error or does not turn on, examine the speaker wires for tears or any shorts in the cord or frayed shielding and replace if necessary.
- If the A/V receiver turns on without displaying any errors, then continue connecting any additional speakers.