IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Your Wireless Noise-Canceling Earbuds are designed to prioritize the transmission between the player and the left earbud. This may cause the sound from the right earbud to cut out or stop. To resolve this, follow the steps according to the symptom of the earbuds.
Sound from the right earbud cuts out
Multiple Wi-Fi® devices, microwave ovens, cordless phones, or devices that transmit 2.4 GHz band frequency radio waves can cause the sound to cut out or not come out of the right earbud. To improve transmission, set the earbuds to prioritize on stable connection. Select your device type for more information.
- Install the Headphones Connect app.
- Launch the app and follow the on-screen instructions for the initial set up and to connect the earbuds.
- On the Home Screen, select Sound Quality Mode.
- Select Priority on Stable Connection.
- For Apple products, always use Priority on Sound Quality.
- Walkman® devices:
- Select Settings.
- Select Bluetooth/Audio device connection settings.
- Select Wireless playback quality.
- Select SBC connection priority.
No sound comes out of the right earbud.
If the earbuds get disconnected from the player, or no sound comes from the right side, restart the earbuds.
- Turn off the earbuds.
- Press and hold the Power button located on the left earbud for about two seconds until the indicator flashes blue. Both units will turn off at the same time.
- Turn on the earbuds.
- Press and hold the buttons on the left and right earbuds until the indicator flashes blue.
- Reconnect the earbuds to the player with the Headphones Connect app.
If the issue continues on the WF-1000X earbuds, confirm if the firmware version is 1.0.7 or higher.
Confirm firmware version.
- Launch the Headphones Connect app.
- In the Headphones Connect app, connect to the earbuds:
- If you have never connected before, select Connect to the new headphones.
- If you have connected before, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the earbuds.
- After connecting the earbuds, tap the Menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Devices using an Android™ operating system (OS):
- Devices using an iOS™ operating system (OS):
- Tap WF-1000X Version.
- Android OS devices
- iOS OS devices
The currently installed firmware version will appear on the screen.
Note: Phone calls are mono, so you will hear sound only from the left earbud.