Before you proceed with the troubleshooting steps in this article, first make sure that your remote control supports voice recognition. Look for the microphone mark or button. This mark indicates that the remote control supports voice recognition.
If the remote control does support the voice recognition function, proceed with the troubleshooting instructions below.
Check if the voice command works after each step. If model-specific information is needed to complete any step, check your product manual for details.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control and insert them again.
- Check that the display or setup screen supports voice recognition.
- Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet:
- On the supplied IR remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Network & Internet → Network status → Check Connection.
- Select Network → Advanced settings → Network status → Check Connection.
- Speak directly into the microphone on the remote control.
- The microphone is usually located at the top of the remote when you hold it upright. The location may differ depending on the remote control.
- Make sure that the remote control is paired with the TV.