IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the message No output device has been selected appears on the Hi-Res Audio Player software or when the connected device is not recognized, check the following:
- For a Windows® computer, make sure the driver for the USB DAC device is installed.
- Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel, etc.
- Select Sound, video and game controllers.
- Check that the Audio Driver is installed.
- When connected to a Windows computer, the driver is automatically installed. If it is not installed automatically, download the driver, then install it. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- For Mac® OS, the preinstalled driver works instead, there is no need to check the above settings.
- Currently Mac OS X 10.11 is not supported. If you do not have a supported Mac OS version, use another supported application, such as Apple® iTunes® application software.
- Check the device setting of the Hi-Res Audio Player software.
- Select Device from the Configure menu.
- Select the connected device from the Device drop-down list and press OK.
- For a portable speaker, select Sony Audio Driver.
- For a digital media player, select Sony ASIO driver.
NOTE: For the PHA-1A headphone amplifier, select ASIO driver.