Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the unit not responding properly or displays MECHA ERROR or MECHANICAL ERROR.
- Remove any CDs or tapes from the unit.
- Turn off the unit.
- Unplug the AC power cord for 15 seconds.
- Ensure the recommended speakers are attached properly and that the wires are not shorted.
- Ensure the unit is getting proper ventilation.
NOTE: If the unit has a voltage selector switch, ensure the proper voltage is selected.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Press and hold the STOP button, DISPLAY , and DISC 1 , and then turn on the unit.
- Attempt to operate the unit.
NOTE: If the error is still displayed after performing this procedure, service will be required . Go to Product Repair.