Follow the steps below to troubleshoot why the unit will not power on:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the unit after completing each step.
- Ensure you are using fresh batteries. If your unit uses rechargeable batteries, the battery may need to be replaced.
- Ensure the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of the batteries are installed correctly.
- If using an AC power adapter, ensure it is connected to the portable device securely and plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- If the unit is still not working, try plugging the unit to a different electrical outlet.
- Attempt to turn on the portable device.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.