When the car stereo receiver is not recognizing the SIRIUS Satellite Radio® service or the XM Satellite Radio® service even though the satellite radio tuner is connected to it, follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the tuner status after completing each step.
- If your hookup contains a separate satellite radio tuner, check to make sure that all of your connections are accurate and secure between the satellite radio tuner and the car stereo.
- Check to make sure that the car stereo is compatible with your satellite radio tuner:
- Make sure that the SOURCE selector is set to the correct setting for the satellite radio service.
- Reset the car stereo by pressing the RESET button.
- If the satellite radio tuner is still not recognized, there may be a problem with the cable between the satellite radio tuner and the car stereo. Try replacing the cable with a new one, making sure to reset the car stereo again after the cable has been replaced.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.