The cassette compartment will not open or the tape is stuck and will not eject.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the cassette compartment will not open or the tape is stuck and will not eject.
IMPORTANT: If the camcorder model has a RESET button, first try pressing this button. If there is no RESET button, or pressing the button does not resolve the issue, continue with the troubleshooting steps below.
- Turn off the camcorder.
- Remove the battery from the camera.
- Remove the AC power supply from the camera.
- Slide the power switch on the camera to the VTR, VCR or CAMERA mode for 15 seconds.
- Slide the power switch back to the OFF position.
- Connect the AC power supply to the camera.
- Attempt to open the cassette compartment.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.