Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the cassette compartment will not open or the tape is stuck and will not eject.
- If the camcorder has a RESET button, try pressing this and test the eject mechanism. The slot will be on the side panel or the bottom of the camcorder.
- Remove the battery and disconnect the AC power supply from the camera.
- Slide the power switch on the camera to the VTR, VCR, or CAMERA mode for 15 seconds. Alternatively, if the POWER button is located on the inside panel, press it for 15 seconds.
- Slide the power switch back to the OFF position.
- Connect the AC power supply to the camera.
- Turn on the camcorder and attempt to open the cassette compartment with the OPEN/EJECT lever on the top of the tape mechanism.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.