How to adjust the computer Wave, Software Synthesizer, CD Audio, Microphone, or Line-in volume levels using the Volume Control panel.
Follow this procedure to access the Volume Control to adjust the volume levels of the various computer audio components.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel .
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category , double-click the Sound, Speech and Audio Devices icon.
- In the Sound, Speech and Audio Devices window, under Pick a task , click Adjust the system volume .
- In the Sound and Audio Devices Properties window, click the Audio tab.
- On the Audio tab, in the Sound playback box, click the Volume button.
- In the Volume Control window, under Volume for the appropriate section, click and drag the slider to change the volume level.
- To mute all of the computer sound features, click to select the Mute all box.
- To mute just one sound feature, click to select the Mute box for that feature.
- Under Balance for the appropriate section, click and drag the slider to adjust the speaker level balance.
- Once all volume adjustments have been made, click the X in the upper right corner to close the Volume Control window.
- In the Sound and Audio Devices Properties window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.