How to connect a camcorder to an Audio/Video (A/V) receiver.
Follow this procedure to connect a camcorder to an Audio/Video (A/V) receiver using a composite A/V, component (Y/Pb/Pr) or HDMI® cable. Depending on the capabilities of your A/V receiver, you may need to connect an additional cable between the A/V receiver and the television.
- Connect a cable to the A/V OUT or LINE OUT jack on the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the cable to an available LINE IN jack on the A/V receiver, making sure to match the colors of the connectors to the colors of the input jacks.
IMPORTANT: Depending on how your A/V receiver is connected to the television and the up-converting capabilities of the receiver, you may need to connect an A/V cable from the receiver to the television. Refer to the manual supplied with your A/V receiver for details about the up-converting capabilities. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
When connecting the camcorder with a composite A/V cable, if your A/V receiver does not have up-converting capabilities, follow the steps below:
- Connect a composite A/V cable to the LINE OUT jack on the A/V receiver.
- Connect the other end of the composite A/V cable to an available VIDEO input jack on the television.
- Turn on the television.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- Turn on the A/V receiver.
- Tune the A/V receiver to the line input to which the camcorder is connected.
- Tune the television to the line input jack to which the A/V receiver is connected.
If you have connected the camcorder to the receiver following the steps above and you do not have video on the television, you may have more success connecting the camcorder directly to the television.