Certain camcorders can be used as a webcam for live streaming.
Before you start
- Not all camcorders are equipped with a USB streaming port. For compatibility information or details on any of the steps below, refer to the instruciton manual of your camcorder. .
- The USB streaming port on the camcorder is not UVC/UAC compatible.
- The USB streaming driver is not compatible with the Apple® Mac OS® operating system.
- The computer should have a factory installed USB port and compatible webcam software.
Setup live streaming
- Install the USB streaming driver on the computer from the CD provided with the camcorder.
- Restart the computer.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the camcorder into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camcorder and computer.
- Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
- In the camcorder menu, set the USB STREAMING option to ON.
- On the computer, start the webcam software.