Video plays with horizontal lines from the camcorder.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Play a different tape in the camcorder.
NOTE: If this tape plays correctly, the first tape is faulty.
- Record video using increased lighting.
NOTE: Video will appear dark, snowy, or pixelated if there is insufficient light when recording.
- Record video on a new tape, and playback the tape.
NOTE: If this new tape plays back correctly, the camcorder heads are out of alignment. Service will be required to resolve this issue.
- Clean the camcorder video heads using a dry head cleaning cassette of the correct camcorder format.
- Reset the camera and attempt to playback a tape to test functionality.