Transfer video to a computer with an audio-video (A/V) cable
Before You Start
- The computer must have standard Audio Video (A/V) input jacks and compatible video capture software.
- If the computer doesn't have A/V jacks, you can use a commercially available video capture device or cable.
Note: Sony does not guarantee the correct operation of commercially available video capture devices from manufacturers other than Sony. For details, consult with the device's manufacturer.
- Audio/Video output jack
- A/V connecting cable (supplied)
- Video capture device (commercially available)
Transfer video to the computer
- Connect an A/V cable to the A/V output jack of the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable to the A/V input jack on the video capture device.
- Turn on the camcorder to the VCR, VTR, or PLAYBACK mode.
- Cue the video in the camcorder to the beginning of the video footage to be transferred.
- Turn on the computer.
- Start the video capture software.
- Begin playing the video on the camcorder.
- Begin importing the video with the video capture software.
- Because there are many different video capture applications on the market and we cannot reasonably know which video capture software you are using, Sony is unable to provide specific instructions or support for software we do not manufacture.
- Many video capture applications have detailed help files, including specific instructions about capturing and importing video from a camcorder to a computer.
- The help files should be available in the Help menu of the video capture software or in a separate file on the software disc.
- If you cannot find instructions in the help file or on the disc included with your software, consult the software manufacturer for more detailed support information.