The video does not transfer properly from the camcorder to the computer using the i.LINK connection.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: Some digital camcorders must be setup to output a signal through the i.LINK® or the Apple® FireWire® port before being connected to a computer. Check the camcorder instruction manual for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure the i.LINK cable is connected securely to the camcorder and computer.
- Ensure the camcorder is turned on and being powered by the supplied AC power adapter.
NOTE: The i.LINK function of the camcorder cannot be used simultaneously with the Handycam® station that is supplied with select camcorders. In this case, remove the Handycam station and connect the AC power adaptor and i.LINK cable to the camcorder directly.
- Ensure the video capture card and software are configured properly to receive the i.LINK signal from the camcorder.
- Depending on the video capture card and software you are using, you may need to manually configure the capture card and software to receive a signal from the i.LINK port. If applicable, check the Help files of the software or contact the video capture card or software manufacturer for further information.
- Sony digital camcorders are not provided with and do not require special device drivers for i.LINK connectivity. The device drivers that allow i.LINK connectivity should be provided with the video capture software. If the software you are using does not appear to have the required drivers, you will need to contact the software manufacturer.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try closing and reopening the video capture software.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try using a different i.LINK cable or connecting to another i.LINK port or different computer, if available.