Follow the steps below to create a DVD from a camcorder using a stand-alone DVD recorder.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps below, consult the instruction manual of the camcorder or DVD recorder.
- Turn on the camcorder and set it to the playback mode.
- Insert the media containing the video into the camcorder.
NOTE: This step applies to camcorders that use a cassette tape or 8cm DVD. If you are using a camcorder with a hard disk drive, skip this step.
- Connect the camcorder to an available input jack of the DVD recorder.
NOTE: Depending on the camcorder and available ports on the DVD recorder, either an Audio/Video (A/V) or i.LINK® cable may be used.
- Turn on the DVD recorder.
- Insert a blank, recordable DVD into the DVD recorder.
- Set the DVD recorder to the line input in which the camcorder is connected.
- Press the Record button on the DVD recorder.
- Press the Play button on the camcorder.
- When the video has finished playing, press the Stop button on both the camcorder and DVD recorder.