The POWER/PROTECT light will change from green to red under the following circumstances:
- When the car amplifier is overheated (thermal overload).
- A speaker wire has short-circuited.
- DC current is generated.
Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- If the car amplifier is very warm or hot to the touch due to hours of playing, allow it to cool down.
- Remove any connected equipment to the amplifier and then only connect the power and ground wires, then check the lamp. If the lamp is still on in this condition, the problem may be the amplifier.
- Check for any short circuits in the speaker wiring:
- Make sure the wires are not being pinched between the amplifier and the speaker.
- Connect each speaker wire one at a time, making sure the connection is secure.
- Verify the speakers wires are not touching any metal.
- Check the wiring configuration to verify whether your subwoofers may be set at too low of an impedance.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.