Select the appropriate error message and then follow the steps to resolve the issue.
The camera shows Reinsert the memory card, NO MEMORY CARD, MEMORY CARD ERROR, or C:13:xx ERROR.
- Make sure the camera supports the memory card .
- Remove the memory card and then reinsert it. Make sure it's inserted in the correct direction and not at a slant.
Note: Refer to the camera Help Guide for details on the direction in which the memory card should be inserted.
- Check if the memory card terminals are clean.
WARNING! There is a risk of software corruption. Don't touch the memory card terminals with your hands or any metal object.
Wipe dirty memory card terminals with a dry cloth or cotton swab.
- If you're using a MicroSD or Memory Stick Micro memory card with an adapter:
- Make sure that the memory card is inserted in the adapter correctly.
- Try a different adapter or another memory card to isolate the issue.
If possible, use a full size SD™ or Memory Stick™ memory card instead of a MicroSD or Memory Stick Micro memory card with an adapter. MicroSD and Memory Stick Micro memory cards are recommended for the use in smaller devices like mobile phones or action cameras.
Images don't save automatically to the second memory card when recording (cameras with two memory card slots).
In situations where the camera does not switch from one memory card to the other while recording, verify that the camera is set to automatically shift recording to the other memory card.
Follow these steps, depending on your camera model:
- MENU → Setup → Rec. Media Settings → Auto Switch Media → On
- MENU → Shooting → Media → Rec. Media Settings → Auto Switch Media → On
Note: Check your operation manuals to verify which types of memory cards (SD™/SDHC™/SDXC™, CFexpress® Type A, or Memory Stick™) can be used with your camera.
The error message Memory card locked is on the camera display.
Remove the memory card and move the Lock Tab to the locked position, then move it back to the unlocked position.
The Action Cam displays the error RCVER, MEDIA, a line of dashes (--------), PRO or WAIT.
Other troubleshooting steps
- Turn off the camera, remove and insert the memory card several times. Turn on the camera to check if the issue is resolved.
- If the memory stick is damaged, use a new one.
- Try other memory cards in the camera.
If other memory cards are recognized, the memory card with the error message may be corrupted. Follow these steps to recover the memory card:
- Back up the data from the memory card using a computer.
- Format the memory card with the camera.
WARNING! There is a risk of data loss. Formatting the memory card will delete all the data and can't be reversed.