The recorded video or images play back too bright or too dark (overexposed or underexposed).
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to perform any of the steps below, refer to the operating instructions of the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, record new video or images and check the status after completing each step.
- Remove any accessory lenses or filters that may have been installed on the camera.
- Manually adjust the exposure setting of the camera or use a different Program AE mode (if available).
NOTE: The option to manually adjust exposure may not be available depending on the camera and mode selected. Exposure compensation is not available in the following modes: Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto and Scene Selection.
- Adjust the white balance of the camera.
- Verify that any special picture effect features are turned off.
- Take pictures or shoot video in a location with different lighting conditions.
- Reset the camera.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.