If the LCD screen is blank or appears dark or black, check the following:
- Make sure the camera is turned on. If the camera does not turn on, further troubleshooting is required .
- If applicable, make sure the lens cover has been removed before taking pictures.
- Make sure no Audio/Video (A/V) cables are connected for viewing pictures on a TV as the LCD screen will not display anything when an A/V cable is connected.
- If your camera has a FINDER/LCD button, press the button to see if the LCD screen is working.
- If the camera has a DISPLAY button, press the button several times to see if the LCD screen is working.
- Depending on the camera model, the DISPLAY button may be labeled as DISP or with a icon.
- Depending on the camera model, the DISPLAY button can be a stand-alone button or incorporated as one of the arrow buttons on a control wheel.
- To know more about the DISPLAY button of the camera, check the specifications or supplied operations guide.
If you have checked the settings mentioned above, and the LCD screen is still blank or appears dark or black, perform a factory reset .
If performing a factory reset still does not resolve the issue, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.