IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: The procedures listed may not apply to all Sony® cameras. Consult the instruction manual of the camera for specific operation of these functions.
- Verify that the lens cap is not covering the camera lens.
- If operating the camera with a battery, ensure the battery is fully charged.
- If operating the camera with the power adapter, ensure it is plugged into a working AC outlet.
- Verify that the LCD screen is turned on.
- Adjust the LCD brightness control.
- Change the shutter speed or aperture settings.
- If the issue is not resolved, try resetting the camera .
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.