Follow these steps to transfer pictures from your camera's memory card to your computer.
Note: The steps in this article are for a computer using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
- Insert the memory card into the card reader of your computer.
- If your computer doesn't have a compatible built-in memory card reader, use an external memory card adapter compatible with your computer and memory card.
- Copy the photos to your computer manually or use AutoPlay.
- Copy photos manually:
- On your computer, click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click on the icon of the drive that represents your memory card.
- Click on the DCIM folder.
- Click the 100MSDCF folder.
- The number of the picture folder may vary but always ends with MSDCF.
- Select the photos you want to copy.
- Use your mouse to drag and drop the photos to the desktop or another folder on your computer.
- If your camera model is supported by the PlayMemories Home software, use PlayMemories Home for operations such as importing XAVC S or AVCHD movies to the computer.
- Don't edit or otherwise process AVCHD movie files or folders from the connected computer, or the movie files may be damaged or become unplayable.
- Don't delete or copy AVCHD movies on the memory card from the computer. Sony cannot be held liable for the consequences of such operations via the computer.