IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
iOS™ updates may cause issues with the image transfer function of the Imaging Edge Mobile application.
If you see the error message "Starting to function failed" while trying to transfer images from your camera to an iOS device using Imaging Edge Mobile, it indicates that your camera is not connected to a Wi-Fi network. This prevents a connection to the Imaging Edge Mobile software.
Try these steps:
- Go to the Wi-Fi® settings and connect to your selected network from the Wi-Fi networks listed.
- Once connected to a Wi-Fi network, proceed to connect to the Imaging Edge Mobile software:
Note: The ZV-E10 camera is used for these steps. Refer to your camera's Help Guide for details.
- Install the latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile software.
- Enable the Bluetooth® function on the camera.
- Connect the Bluetooth connection between the camera and the smartphone.
- Turn the Smartphone Connect feature ON:
- Connect the camera and smartphone using the QR code.
- If the QR code method is unavailable, then connect using the SSID.
- Try to send images from the camera to the smartphone.