Follow these steps to transfer pictures to a computer running the Apple® Mac OS® 8.5.1-9.1 operating systems.
- Before continuing, make sure your camera supports USB connectivity and that it is supported for use with the operating system installed on your computer. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If your camera is compatible with the installed Macintosh® operating system, then the necessary drivers are provided on the CD that was bundled with the camera. The drivers must be installed on the computer before performing this procedure.
- If your camera has Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) capability, ensure it is not enabled. These operating systems do not support PTP. The camera should be set to USB NORMAL or MASS STORAGE to use this procedure.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- Connect the USB cable from the camera to the computer.
IMPORTANT: Connection through a USB hub or other USB device, such as a printer or keyboard, is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
NOTE: A Memory Stick® icon labeled Untitled will appear on the computer screen.
- Click the Untitled Memory Stick icon.
- Navigate to the desired folder.
- Copy the desired image files to the computer.
NOTE: All the selected images will now automatically copy to computer hard drive.