IMPORTANT: Sony® DCR-DVD92, DCR-DVD105, DCR-DVD205 and DCR-DVD602 camcorders do not support USB connectivity. Alternatively, video recorded with these models can be copied from the DVD using the DVD-ROM drive of a computer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable directly to the USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- On the LCD screen of the camcorder, touch COMPUTER or USB CONNECT .
- The available selection will differ depending on the camcorder model.
- After the computer recognizes the connection, some camcorders may continue to display Connecting... even though the connection has already been established. This is normal operation for some camcorder models.
- Open the My Computer window on the computer.
Note: The camcorder will be listed in the My Computer window as an additional DVD-RW drive.
- In the My Computer window, open the DVD-RW icon that represents the camcorder.
Note: Certain operating systems may require that you right-click the DVD-RW drive and select explore in order to view the available folders.
- Click to select the VIDEO_TS folder (or BDMV folder for high-definition video recorded with an AVCHD DVD camcorder).
- Press the CTRL+C keys on the keyboard to copy the folder and all its contents.
- Click on the computer desktop or folder where you want to copy the video contents.
- Press the CTRL+V keys on the keyboard to paste the folder and its contents into the desired location.
- The video content in the VIDEO_TS file can be played back by dragging the folder into a DVD Player application.
- To edit the video content in the VIDEO_TS file you must use software that is compatible with the .VOB format .
- High-definition video in the BDMV folder can only be played back using the Player for AVCHD software provided with the camcorder.