You can use the PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool to clear various settings that are saved automatically when you use the PlayMemories Home™ software. It may return the program to the original default settings.
- Data stored on your computer won't be deleted.
- The settings, including the Add Folders settings of the PlayMemories Home software will be restored to default settings immediately after running the tool.
- If using Recommended Settings, Pictures folder is registered automatically.
- If you don't want to register Pictures folder automatically, or if you want to register a folder by choice, configure Custom Settings.
- If a large volume of data is stored in the registered folder, it may take some time to re-register.
- It isn't supported on computers running the Apple® Mac® OS X® operating system.
- Make sure that the PlayMemories Home software is not running.
- Once the PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool is running, place a check mark in Restore the program to its default settings and then click Start.
- Click Yes once the message Are you sure you want to restore the program to its default settings? is displayed.
- Click OK once the message Process completed is displayed.
- Select Use PlayMemories Online or Do not use PlayMemories Online when PlayMemories Online (Free) is a cloud-based photo and video service from Sony is displayed.
- You can also register and use the PlayMemories Online™ app at a later date. Click PlayMemories Online in the PlayMemories Home, and then click Sign in.
- The PlayMemories Home software will start once Optimize video settings is completed.