First, make sure your camera supports USB connectivity and that it is supported for use with the operating system installed on your computer. To check the specifications of your camera and for further model-specific information, the camera marketing specifications and instruction manual are available online.
IMPORTANT: This procedure can only be used with a Sony® digital still camera that has Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) capability. If the camera does not have PTP, this procedure cannot be used.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- Set the camera to the PTP mode.
- Connect the USB cable from the camera to the computer.
IMPORTANT: Connection through a USB hub or other USB device, such as a printer or keyboard, is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
NOTE: The Apple® iPhoto® software should start automatically. If it does not, continue with the steps below to manually open the Image Capture Utility software.
- On the Finder bar at the top of the screen, click Go and then click Applications .
- In the Applications window, click the Image Capture icon.
- In the Sony Digital Still Camera dialog box, click the Download Some... or Download All button.
NOTE: Clicking Download All will automatically copy images from the camera to the appropriate Picture or Movie folder on the computer. However, to download only certain images, click the Download Some... button and then continue with the steps below.
- Press and hold the Command (Apple) key.
- While holding the Command (Apple) key, click to select all the desired images to download.
- Click the Download button.
NOTE: All the selected images will now be automatically copied to the appropriate Picture or Movie folder on the computer.