Before you start
- Multiple options are available to transfer photos and videos from a camera to Macintosh®, MacBook®, MacBook Pro®, and other Apple® computer models.
- Depending on your Apple computer model, these options may be available for image transfer:
Transfer images or movies with a USB cable
Follow these steps to copy photos from a camera to an Apple computer with a direct USB connection:
Note: Menu items and steps will vary based on the Apple computer model.
- Connect the camera directly to the USB port of the computer.
Note: Some Apple computers may require adapters to connect to the USB cable from the camera. Refer to the Identify the ports on your Mac article.
- Turn on the camera. If an image capture program or app automatically starts, close it.
- Copy the photos from the camera:
- Paste the photos to a folder of your choice on the computer.
- Select the folder where you want to store the copied photos.
- Press Command+V to paste the file into the Pictures folder.