How to transfer pictures from the memory card to a computer using a USB card reader
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect the USB memory card reader to an available USB port on the computer.
NOTE: It may take a minute or so for the computer to install the required drivers for the USB memory card device.
- Insert the memory card into the USB memory card reader.
- On the computer desktop, click the Start icon on the task bar.
- In the Start menu, click Computer or My Computer.
- In the Computer or My Computer window, select the Removeable Disk icon that represents the USB card reader.
- In the Removeable Disk window, browse to the folder that contains the pictures.
NOTE: Still pictures are normally located in a directory named DCIM/101MSDCF or something similar.
- Use one of the below methods below to copy the folder and its picture contents to the computer.
- Use the computer mouse to drag and drop the folder to the desktop of the computer (or other desired location).
- Copy the folder using the CTRL+C keys, then paste it to the computer desktop (or other desired location) using the CTRL+V keys .