When the camera is connected to the computer USB port and powered on, the USB MODE or Mass Storage connection message should always appear on the camera screen. If USB MODE or Mass Storage does not appear, the camera is not being recognized by the computer.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem:
- Some computer operating systems may require you to be logged on as an Administrator or with administrator rights.
- If the computer you are using is connected to a network, it may be necessary to temporarily disable the network connection or connect the camera to another computer that is not on a network.
- Make sure the USB ports on both the camera and computer are not dusty or dirty.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected properly to the camera.
- Make sure the other end of the USB cable or Jack is connected directly to the USB port on the computer.
- Connection through a USB hub is not supported.
- Some model cameras have an attached USB jack that will connect directly to a USB port instead of a USB cable.
- Make sure the recording media is properly inserted in the camera.
NOTE: When trying to retrieve images from a camera with internal memory, this step is not necessary.
- Disconnect any other USB devices (except for the mouse and keyboard) from the computer.
- Make sure that one or both drives have their own letters assigned to them and do not share the same letter with any other drive on the computer or network location.
NOTE: You may need to consult your computer manufacturer for help finding this information.
- If available, make sure the LUN Setting is set to Multi.
NOTE: For model-specific information about how to set the LUN Setting, consult the instruction manual of your camera.
Turn off the camera for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, turn the camera on again.
- If the camera has a USB connection or Transfer mode setting in the menu, try setting it to Normal, Mass Storage, or PTP.
NOTE: For model-specific information about USB connection or Transfer mode settings, consult the instruction manual of your camera.
If the issue is not resolved, restart the computer.
- If the issue is still not resolved after restarting the computer, try connecting the camera to another USB port on the computer.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver.
- If the issue is still not resolved, it may be necessary to replace the USB cable .
- If the issue is still not resolved, reset the camera back to original factory settings .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, then it is recommended you try connecting the camera to another computer. If the issue does not occur with another computer, then the USB ports on the first computer may not be configured properly or software may be installed that is interfering with the connection. In these situations, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer.