If the message PlayMemories Home is running is displayed when you are installing or uninstalling the PlayMemories Home™ software, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
IMPORTANT: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the status of the software after completing each step.
- Click on the X (close) button in PlayMemories Home to close the screen of the software.
NOTE: Try to install or uninstall again when the PlayMemories Home screen closes.
- Restart the computer then try to install or uninstall.
- Check the task manager. If a process related to PlayMemories Home is displayed, end the active process then try to install or uninstall again.
NOTE: Major processes related to PlayMemories Home have PMB as prefix. If processes starting with PMB other than what are mentioned below are displayed, end those processes.
Right-click on the taskbar, and then select Start Task Manager from the menu displayed.
NOTE: You can display the task manager by pressing Esc while holding down Ctrl and Shift on the keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager starts, click on the Processes tab.
- Select an item starting with PMB, and then click on End Process to end it.
NOTE: Multiple processes cannot be selected to end all at once. Click End Process for each process selected individually.