Certain Alpha and DSC models will support live streaming through the HDMI® port of the camera. Check your operation for compatibility and details.
Before you start
- Some Alpha and DSC cameras also support livestreaming through the USB port using Imaging Edge Webcam software.
- You will need the following items to setup live streaming:
- A HDMI to USB video capture device
- A computer with live streaming software installed
- HDMI cable and a USB cable
Note: The video capture device and software are not manufactured by Sony.
Setup live streaming
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the camera HDMI output, and the other end of the cable to the HDMI input of the video capture device.
- Connect the video capture device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open the video/audio settings of the capture/streaming software on your computer.
- The software should recognize the capture device and your camera as a webcam.
- The livestream from the camera should now be seen on your computer.
- To provide better focusing, enable the following on the camera (if available):
- Face-Detection Auto-Focus: Navigate to AF Menu → Face/Eye AF Set → Face/Eye Prty in AF → On
- Continuous AF: Navigate to AF Menu → Focus Mode → Continuous AF
- Enable Movie Mode on the camera.
- High quality, continuous video streaming may cause the temperature inside the camera to rise, which can cause it to turn off automatically until it cools.
- Review the heat specifications, avoid streaming in direct sunlight, and turn the camera off when not in use.
- If your camera can record in XAVC S 4K and it has the Auto Power OFF Temp. setting, changing the setting from Standard to High will provide longer recording time.
- If you use an external microphone, then be sure to select the proper device in the audio settings of your computer.
- If the camera menu appears on the stream, then navigate to HDMI Settings → HDMI Info. Display → Off to turn off the display.
- If there are still face detection and focusing issues, then navigate to File Format → XAVC S HD to change the file format to HD (if available).