If you are having problems charging the battery for your camera, try the following troubleshooting tips.
Check the Battery
- Insert the battery into the camera properly.
- If the CHARGE/Charge lamp flashes or doesn't light up, the terminal may be dirty or there's an issue with the battery. Below is an example of dirty terminals for N, D, T, R, K, X, and G series batteries.
A. There are fingerprints on the terminals.
B. There are foreign subtances sticking to the terminals.
C. Example of clean terminals.
- Wipe off dirty terminals with a dry cloth, then charge the battery again.
- For H, V, W, and M series batteries, wipe off any foreign objects or dirt between the charging pins.
Use the proper charging accessory
- Use a compatible battery, AC adapter, USB cable, or battery charger. Third party accessories aren't guaranteed to work properly.
- If you don't use the camera for a long period of time, the CHARGE/Charge lamp may flash. Remove and reinsert the battery, then charge again.
- Allow the battery to cool if the temperature is high after a long shoot or the ambient temperature is out of the range from 50°F to 86°F (10°C to 30°C). High temperatures may prevent proper charging.
- To make sure the battery is compatible with your camera, refer to the operation manual.
- You can also visit Accessories Compatibility Information and follow the steps below:
- To select the category of your camera, click Body → Product Category or enter in the model number in the search field.
- Select the model number under Product Name.
- Click Power → Battery/Power to display the compatible batteries for your camera.