IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Macro mode is a setting on your camera that you can use to take close-up pictures of small objects such as insects or flowers. If shooting in manual mode, watch the tutorial video below or follow the steps to enable Macro mode depending if your camera is touchscreen or uses the dial wheel. Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Setup Macro Mode
- Using touchscreen
- In the REC Mode menu, select Intelligent Auto.
- Select Menu.
- Select Macro.
- Using the dial wheel
- Turn the dial wheel to the M mode.
- Press the MENU button.
- Turn the control dial to select Manual Focus.
- If shooting in the Auto mode, the Macro mode is automatically enabled when the camera is moved close enough to the subject.
- Scene Recognition and Face Detection are unavailable.
- You can only turn the flash on and off.
- The focus speed is slow.
- Macro mode is disabled if you turn off your camera or change the REC Mode settings.