IMPORTANT: There are a limited number of Sony® cameras that do not support USB connectivity with the Windows® 7 operating system and, therefore, cannot use this procedure. Check to make sure your camera is not one of the cameras that do not support USB connectivity .
- Turn on the computer.
- Ensure the recording media with the pictures or movies is inserted in the camera.
IMPORTANT: If trying to copy files from a camera with internal memory you must remove the memory card from the camera. The computer cannot read the internal memory of a camera while a memory card is inserted.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camera and the USB input jack on the computer. Make sure the connections are secure.
- Turn on the camera.
- The computer automatically detects the USB connection from the camera and installs the appropriate driver from the operating system.
- An AutoPlay window should appear on the computer screen.
- If the USB connection is not recognized or AutoPlay does not appear, troubleshooting is available .
- In the AutoPlay window, click Import Pictures and videos using Windows.
- In the Import Pictures and Videos window that appears, click Import Settings.
- In the Import Settings window, assign the location on the computer to where you want to copy the picture and movie files.
- Next to Import images to click the Browse button and then select the desired folder (for example, My Pictures).
- Next to Import videos to click the Browse button and then select the desired folder (for example, My Videos).
- Click the OK button.
- In the Import Pictures and Videos dialog box, click the OK button.
- Click the Import button.