How to install a program or application.
Follow these steps to install a program.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- This procedure is the preferred method for adding all applications. When applications are added in this manner, the operating system will configure the application with the settings necessary to make the application function properly.
- The Program Compatibility Wizard is available to address compatibility issues that can occur with some older applications.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- In the Add or Remove Programs window, click the Add New Programs icon.
- Next to To add a program from CD-ROM or floppy disk, click the CD or Floppy button.
- Insert the program installation disk into the appropriate drive.
- In the Install Program From Floppy Disk or CD-ROM window, click the Next button.
- If the Installation Wizard does not find the executable file, click the Browse button to locate and select the appropriate executable file.
- Consult the manufacturer's instructions for information regarding the executable file needed to install the program.
- In the Run Installation Program window, click the Finish button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application installation.