NOTE: Not all computers support a SATA hard drive. To see if your computer supports one, check the specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Follow this procedure to install a Serial ATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) hard drive.
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the computer.
- Install the Serial ATA hard drive according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Ensure the hard drive is only powered by one set of power plugs.
NOTE: Some Serial ATA hard drives have two Power connections, one for Serial ATA style power plugs and one for ATA style power plugs.
- Ensure an Serial ATA cable is plugged into a free Serial ATA connector on the motherboard.
- Ensure the other end of the Serial ATA cable is plugged into the hard drive.
IMPORTANT: The design of the computer case may require an Serial ATA connector with a 90-degree bend in the cable. If such a cable is not supplied with a new drive or one is not available, one can be purchased from Sony® Parts and Accessories Sales.  Go to Parts and Accessories.