How to enable the External Drive Boot option in the BIOS Setup Utility.
To start from the recovery media when using an external i.LINK™ drive, follow these steps.
- Ensure the computer is turned off.
- Turn on the computer.
- Immediately hold down the Fn key and press the F2 key.
NOTE: The keys must be pressed before the VAIO logo is displayed.
- In the Phoenix TrustedCore(tm) Setup Utility window, press the RIGHT ARROW key until the Advanced menu is selected.
- On the Advanced menu, press the DOWN ARROW until External Drive Boot: is selected.
- Press the Minus(-) key and the setting next to External Drive Boot: will change to Enabled .
- In the Phoenix TrustedCore(tm) Setup Utility window, press the RIGHT ARROW until the Exit menu is selected.
- On the Exit menu, verify Exit Setup is selected and press the Enter key.
- In the Setup Confirmation dialog box, press the Enter key.