Follow this procedure to perform a system recovery using the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All software applications, configurations, and data added to the restored drive will be erased.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Licensed content, such as movies acquired from the VAIO® Movie Experience CD supplied with select models, will no longer be playable if the license information is not backed up prior to a system recovery, and restored afterward .
- Before performing a recovery, look for software and driver updates or check for knowledge base solutions that may help you solve the issue with your computer.
- This model does not use Recovery CDs. Recovery data is included on a special partition of the hard drive.
- Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process.
NOTE: A recovery can also be performed using the Recovery Media Kit .
- Close all open programs.
- Disconnect all network connections.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices.
- On the taskbar, click the Start button, point to All Programs, and click VAIO Recovery Wizard.
- If there is no shortcut for the VAIO Recovery Wizard in the program list, start the program from Control Panel .
- If the operating system will not start, restart the computer and when the SONY logo is displayed, press the F10 key.
- In the VAIO Recovery Wizard window, click the Next button.
- Under Media and Recovery Options, click to select the appropriate option to continue with or without creating a Recovery Media Kit:
- It is strongly recommended that a Recovery Media Kit be created to help restore files if the operating system will not start. The Recovery Media Kit is bootable and can be used to perform a recovery on a properly functioning hard drive.
- Only a C Drive Recovery can be performed using the VAIO Recovery Wizard on the Recovery Drive. For a Custom Recovery with options for removing or reinstalling the Recovery Drive, use the Recovery Media Kit.