This issue can occur if the Turn on Mouse Keys option is enabled in the Ease of Access Center. Follow this procedure to disable the Turn on Mouse Keys option.
IMPORTANT: The Turn on Mouse Keys option is not enabled by default, it must be turned on by the user.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Ease of Access.
- In the Ease of Access window, under Ease of Access Center, click Change how your mouse works.
- In the Make the mouse easier to use window, in the Control the mouse with the keyboard section, click to remove the check in the box next to Turn on Mouse Keys.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Ease of Access Center window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.