This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Compatible with macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files. The software includes the following features:
- Easily Play high-res audio: When connected to a USB DAC device you can easily play hi-res audio, such as DSD files purchased from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: You can create, save, and edit a playlist so you can play your favorite tunes the way you want.
- Play high-quality sound and more: Through the software settings you can play tunes with higher audio quality.
- Version 1.2.7
- 3.76 MB (3,950,363 bytes)
The Hi-Res Audio Player software can be used in the following system environments:
- Operating Systems: macOS 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
NOTE： Intel CPU models, 64 bit (10.9, 10.10, 10.11,10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15) are supported.
- Screen resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- One of the above operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- We cannot guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet all system requirements. Additionally, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click [Download] button.
- The installer file will be saved into the folder you set as the destination folder in browser’s settings. As default, it will be saved into [Downloads] folder.
- Double-click the installer file "Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.7.pkg" saved in your computer. Installer package will be unpacked.
- [Welcome to the Hi-Res Audio Player installer] screen is shown. Click [Continue].
- [Software License Agreement] screen is shown. After you confirm the text of the agreement, click [Continue].
- When you accept the agreement, click [Agree].
- [Select a Destination] screen is shown. Select a disk and click [Continue].
- Specify the installation type. For standard install, internal hard disk drive is selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click [Change install location...]. After you select the destination, click [Install].
- [Installing Hi-Res Audio Player] screen is shown and installation is started.
- When login password is required, type your password and click [Install Software].
- After installation is completed, [The installation was completed successfully] screen is shown. Click [Close] to exit installer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
To start the Hi-Res Audio Player, click [Hi-Res Audio Player] icon in [Applications] folder.
NOTE： If the Hi-Res Audio Player screen is not shown, click the icon in the Dock.
Questions & Answers
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Player is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install the Hi-Res Audio Player software on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player does not start. Or, Hi-Res Audio Player window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall Hi-Res Audio Player, and then install it again.