The battery is charged via a USB connection when the portable player is connected to a computer or when using an optional USB charging AC or DC power adapter.
- You can use most standard USB charging power adapters designed to power USB devices without the use of a computer. There are several devices available from Sony as well as other manufacturers. For more information on devices manufactured by Sony, visit the Sony Store.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in Canada: https://dealerlocator.sony.ca/locator/init.do
- Please check the specifications of the power supply for compatibility with your model.
- The supplied software does not need to be installed on the computer to charge the unit.
- This model uses a lithium-ion battery that does not need to be discharged before it can be charged. You can charge the battery at any interval of remaining battery power without risking damage to the battery.
- When charging the battery for the first time or if you have not used the player in a long time, make sure that the unit charges until FULL shows in the display.