How to transfer music from the Apple iTunes software to the Walkman player using the Content Transfer software.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- If you do not have the latest version of the Content Transfer application already installed on your computer, it may be available through the Sony® Support website (for applicable models). Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- You can also install the application from an included CD (if applicable) or file on your Walkman® player (if applicable). Check your manual for more information about installing the included software. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The Content Transfer (Windows version only) installation requires the Windows Media Player 11 software.
- It is recommended to use the Apple® iTunes® software version 9 or later with the Content Transfer version 1.3 or later software.
Follow this procedure to transfer DRM-free iTunes Plus® files or other files not containing DRM, such as MP3 files, to your portable player using the Apple iTunes software:
NOTE: A procedure is available to confirm that the files you are trying to playback are DRM-free.
- Start the iTunes software.
- Connect your portable player to your computer.
- Start the Content Transfer application if it did not start automatically.
- Locate the song in the iTunes software.
- Drag and then drop the song into the Content Transfer application.