This information is for the following models:
Note: The DMP-Z1, NW-A45, NW-A45HN, NW-A55HN, NW-WM1A, NW-WM1Z, NW-ZX300, RSX-GS9, SRS-HG1, SRS-ZR7, and UDA-1 models only support macOS 10.13 – 10.15.
The Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files. The software includes the following features:
- Easily Play high-res audio: When connected to a USB DAC device you can easily play hi-res audio, such as DSD files purchased from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: You can create, save, and edit a playlist so you can play your favorite tunes the way you want.
- Play high-quality sound and more: Through the software settings you can play tunes with higher audio quality.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Compatible with macOS High Sierra10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12.
Note: Compatiblity with macOS 11 – 12 depends on the model. See Applicable Models.
- Version 1.2.7
- 3.76 MB (3 950 363 bytes)
The Hi-Res Audio Player software can be used in the following system environments:
- Operating Systems: macOS 10.09 – 10.15, 11, 12
- Intel CPU models, 64-bit, and M1 chips are supported.
- Compatiblity with macOS 11 – 12 depends on the model. See Applicable Models.
- Screen resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- One of the operating systems listed should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- We cannot guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet all system requirements. Additionally, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click the Download button.
- The installer file will be saved into the folder you set as the destination folder in the browser’s settings. By default, it will be saved into the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the installer file Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.7.pkg saved on your computer. The installer package will be unpacked.
- At the Welcome to the Hi-Res Audio Player installer screen, click Continue.
- At the Software License Agreement screen, after you confirm the text of the agreement, click Continue.
- When you accept the agreement, click Agree.
- At the Select a Destination screen, select a disk and click Continue.
- For a standard installation, the internal hard disk drive is selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click Change install location..., select the destination, and click Install.
- The Installing Hi-Res Audio Player screen is shown and the installation starts.
- If a login password is required, type your user name and password, and then click Install Software.
- After installation is completed, The installation was completed successfully screen is shown. Click Close to exit the installer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
To start the Hi-Res Audio Player, in the Applications folder, click the Hi-Res Audio Player icon.
Note: If the Hi-Res Audio Player screen is not shown, click the icon in the Dock.
Questions & Answers
- Cannot install the Hi-Res Audio Player
- Make sure that the Hi-Res Audio Player software is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install the Hi-Res Audio Player software on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- The Hi-Res Audio Player does not start or the window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- The Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall the software and then install it again.